Wednesday 16 February 2011

Pre Flight Checks

It seems I sold my soul and now I'm paying for it. Back in December I talked about how I was so happy to be making money whilst travelling. But if I had a choice between making money abroad and at home, well home trumps it all the time, coz obv I'm gonna be home for longer periods then away.

My $16s graph for 2010 so far...


Tomorrow I'm flying to Bangkok for 2 and 1/2 weeks, and I'm reli looking forward to it. This is why I'm playing and travelling often is a good reminder why I do what I do.

But there's no doubt about it, I'm pissed that I haven't made any money, and pissed that I'm pissed which means I wont enjoy being there as much as I could. You can tell yourself that it doesn't effect you, but truthfully you know its impossible. I can totally imagine myself sitting at the beach with a drink surrounded by hot Thai girls in bikinis chilling, living the life.... and all I will be fucking thinking is "What calling range is xx opponent shoving?" or "How does xx opponent play". FFS bro ur in goddamn paradise and all u can think of is poker?? Fuck you lol.


MTT Training

I'm slowly transitioning to the world of MTT SNGs. The 180 and 45 mans on Stars are so profitable, and they fill up so quick. Soooo many fish zomg, so many bad plays. Anyways it seems like the natural progression for a STT player to move over to those games.

I'm studying MTTs with a mate, who's also playing them. No doubt its gonna be high variance, but I feel a lot stronger about my post flop play, and am lovin' the fact that these games have hardly any regs. The $3 rebuy 180 mans are totally awesome and so profitable, I even see SNEs playing them for some reason. Hopefully they'll make a $7 stake too soon since they're so popular...

The only and main thing I don't like about them is that they commit me to longer sessions. I've always been a big fan of taking short breaks after every set, and also the fact that sometimes if something comes up I can cut my session short and do it. But with MTTs, you really do have to stick around and finish your session off. This means you need to plan your days and cant wonder off with mates or whatever you decide later on in the day. The 5 min breaks hourly are good though, kinda cool to nip to take a piss when you need it.

So what huge stakes am I playing? Yep... $2 180 mans lol. So's my mate. Why? Low risk, and tons of experience to gain. Especially end game and final tables. To get the volume in means that being scared to bubble should happen less, and to get used to go for the win! 

Of course, maintaining Supernova means that I am almost always gonna be committed to my STTs until I have the roll to move up in MTT stakes. Anyways, watch this space...


Pre Flight Checks...

Right, lemmie see;

  • Laptop for playing Poker
  • Sunglasses, beach stuff (fuck you English weather!)
  • iPhone, Moneyz, Passport...
Boom! All in!! That's all I need (prob will remember something more important later at the airport lol). I do plan to play quite a lot too while I'm there, hopefully things will pick up again.

Last nite I played with Sippin and got 4 handed, where we got berated by a random guy. Oh how I LOL'd (meaning in reality I thought LOL without moving at all)... made my day.


See you guys in Thailand, GL@TTzzzzzzz peace!!


"Welcome to Thailand, Puyan" - Would be a dream start :D



No comments:

Post a Comment