Wednesday 9 February 2011

Off With Their HUD's!!

My 3rd set on Monday (-$449 day ouch) I got the fantastic gift from Windows known as the BsoD, and so had to restart my laptop. Since I also have a desktop I finished off my set on that, but with no HUD.

So just for you non poker enthusiasts, a HUD is a Heads Up Display programme which display the stats of your opponents whilst playing poker. These stats are all from games that you've played in, and not an illegal data sharing of other games. We use programs like Poker Tracker and Hold Em Manager to help us.

After my session of HUDless whim, I thought;

is HUD + P + 20T = >20T + P - HUD (+RB)?

Yea that's probably wrong, but roughly translate into; "How much edge am I actually losing when not using a HUD, in comparison to the number of tables I could possible play to earn more?" That is, if P is Poker, T is number of Tables, HUD is HUD and RB is Rakeback. Yes I'm chinese but unlike the other 1.5 billion I suck at it... but remember, my passport says I'm British.




To be honest my HUD wasn't really working well at all when I rebooted, and so forced my other sessions to go "bareback", ie HUDless. Because the HUD takes up a lot of RAM, it only limits me to around 20 tables, so without it I'm able to load up more tables without it going completely nuts and BSoD on me.

I've definitely come a long way since last year, and have a lot more confidence in my plays. So I'm questioning myself, why do I actually need a HUD. There are only a few situations in which I believe I will have an edge with a HUD, but in reality, all the all ins are going to happen, and I already have notes on who are good and bad regulars of the game.

Also, if it means I can play a lot more tables and earn more points and $ per hour, then its definitely worth it. I used to be a believer in playing less games for a higher dollar per game, but now I think the average random is better and with more regulars, those edges are going to be hard to find.

In putting more volume in as well, the variance will balance out and the bad run will be over quicker. Hey, there are tons of players who play HUDless, and if Spacegravy can do it, then why not?


Goodbye My Dear Huddy!


Superbowl, and Hero of the Month!

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers for wining the SuperBowl. I went round a mate's house to watch it, coz well as a non American I need someone to explain this unbelievably complicated game lol. It was fun watching such a close
game. I love my football (soccer to you yanks who call it wrong), but there's nothing like watching a totally over the top American Black Eyed Peas fluorescent costume half time show! Don't worry guys, just wait for the London Olympics, our show is gonna be cringe-hell (the thought of all Brits).

Who says that strangers don't look out for each other anymore? I always think, its better to have faith in our neighbours then live life thinking the worst of ppl...

I'll leave you guys with this; GL@TT everyone!


1 comment:

  1. About time you stepped into the mans world ha. gl with it

    ReplyDelete