Tuesday 8 February 2011

Perspective

What can I say? 2011 really hasn't gotten off to a good start. I'm kinda fuming right now, after losing $300, of which took me 2 days work gone within 60 games. Time to take a time out, and blog...

Its so frustrating, nothing seems to go right. This is a bitch, and a moan, and my EV line is drifting apart. My 3rd set today my computer totally crashed and so I sat out til I got it working again, then HEM's HUD function stopped working. Totally tilted me, time to take a break and chill out.

But I've been thinking about the last quarter of the 2010, where I ran so good. Totally killing the games and not even thinking about it. So what am I bitching about? Sure, I got a 1500 game break even stretch, but in perspective, its nothing really...

Year 2011 so far... Yikes!
My last 3000 games.
So lets keep this in perspective...

I'm healthy, I got money in the bank (holy smokes!), I can do what the fuck I want, I work for me, and in 2 weeks time I'm going to fly to Thailand for 3 weeks. My mate just lost his job, other people hate their work, taxes have gone up (which I don't need to pay), its almost impossible to save money, its freaking cold, .... [insert other bad shit here]

So I'm not winning. Who cares. Its 1500 games. I'm not even losing! Time to step up the volume, and get those hours in. Those all in buttons aren't gonna press themselves! No doubt, that being a grinder of these games has a psychological effect on us over a long period of time. Negativity is supppper minus EV, and what's worse, is that it can be something that slowly manifests within a long time, until before you know it, it attacks you and you tilt all your money away. Boom!

Perspective... its pretty damn important!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment