Thursday 11 October 2012

The Most Minus EV Cash Game Ever [Again]

So last weekend we had another reunion and another pretty minus ev cash game!

I'd say that I've improved a lot since last year but unfortunately I was stuck in between Jamie (Buffyslayer1) to my right, and Tim (Entim) on my left who has a combined winnings of $300k between them... and that's only on Pokerstars lol.

Other guys at the table was Deurdy and "NJD77" Neil Doyle, as well as an amateur who was Neil's friend, who I am glad to say actually wiped the floor with us with his solid tight (and card hitting) play! Sometimes, poker needs the "Average Joe's" to win too, or it wouldn't be profitable!

But hey it was a cheap game with lots of drinking, and even though the banter was hilarious, the analysis also way too in depth, ultimately we were just there to have fun. Highlights included Entim's rather loose 300bb call vs 2 players with 45s and getting there, Neil's impressive moves based on his image, and my shit scared nittyness lol (I'm the fish).

The previous night we met up with Josem from Pokerstars, who was the guy who basically did all the research and analysis into uncovering the UB scandal. Really great meeting him, very interesting guy who did something great for the poker community and its seems very karma-like that its landed him a great job. Apologies to him for the barrage of questions, but him being so Ozzy he was chilled enough to answer them!


Please enjoy this rather "obvious" pun like picture of Deurdy and Michael! Unfortunately we couldn't find any Elites, like in real like they're pretty rare! =D

It was great to see everyone again, I had a blast. I'm really in awe of those guys, they're so much better at me in Poker and I just hope one day I can be half as good as them and I'll be happy. So much to learn! Will deffo try and hit up a trip to Holland to visit Deurdy as our funny poker "gang" [money pending] haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment