Monday 1 October 2012

A Long Time Coming (Gangnam Style)

4th Final "Lucky" for Andy Murray finally taking down a Slam, the US Open! Kinda relate to him but obviously not on that scale haha! Congrats!

As with most poker blogs, we post up reviews of our month/year etc and mostly brag about the profits we make. After all, no unsuccessful poker player would want to blog, right? But I'd like to think that my blog has been about the journey of being a poker player, and kinda showing the bad and good times. Right now... its good! :) But in saying that I've worked really damn hard at it, and in no way do I believe its just a "luck" thing [hopefully lol]

At the beginning of the month I like to put up some goals, so September's was;

[ x ] 25/30 Days playing! Did this in STTs, played 16 sessions in 180m
[ x ] 1000+ x 180m... bump up sessions to 75 games minimum
[    ] 1000 x $7/$15/$15KO Turbo 9m... bump up STT sessions to 60 from 40. Nearly I played around 930! Didn't bump up the session tho, stuck to 40 
[ x ] Watch more vids and study HHs. Had some good study sessions with my friend, it was beneficial for both of us! 
[ x ] 80hrs of play 110hrs yay
[ x ] Goldstar... push Platinum? Was very close to Platinum but didn't get it. Don't really mind.
[    ] Gold League in SC2 and stream it! Not even close, just not playing enough.
[    ] Blog moar man!! Errrrr
[ x ] Stop giving a fuck about what happens in showdowns




Pretty solid performance I'd say!

I still struggle to push myself to make the more aggression choice, mainly being rejamming into another big stack with my big stack, especially near the end game. Its something I'm aware of and trying to change.

Its weird to think that I'm "running good" but it really doesn't feel that way. Now I can understand those months in STTs when I felt like I was running bad all the time, when in fact this was because I was so dependent on my HU calls hitting, instead of not giving up my button shoves, and rejamming on theirs. I totally understand what I was doing wrong HU, so glad that I've come this far!

So in TRUE PARTY STYLE here's amazingly the [first Korean] UK No.1 SONG in the charts... zomg, GANGNAM STYLE!!!!!!!! DO DA DANCE! Love how this has randomly gone viral and exploded all over the world!

Big shout out to my friend Kwon who is the sexy guy in the straw hat dancing over the Korean dude in GANGNAM STYLE LONDON!

GL@theTables guys, GG HF!!




1 comment: