Friday 4 March 2011

Me Luv U Long Time!


My holiday in Bangkok is nearing the end, and quite frankly I'm kinda glad it is. I think the whole problem was that I never really had the mentality of being all touristy, but more importantly I guess I never really had the drive to reli reali want to come here. My friend said come, so I came! (Sounds dirty lol). I like the place, but its not at the level of same passion I have for places that I wanna go like San Fran, Vegas, or Tokyo. But either way, I've learnt a lot, which is what happens when you go travelling so I don't regret coming... just regret staying for so long!

Me Luv U Long Time... (For a Price) 

Thai Girls and Western Men 

There's a phenomenon in Thailand where you see "Forangs" (Thai for foreigner) with white [older] Western men, mostly from England in fact. Bangkok is filled with these inter relationships all over the place, and its kinda weird how open they are about it. I mean, other cultures it would totally be a taboo, but not here.

I had been aware of this "phenomenon" actually, though my favourite documentary reporter called Louix Theoroux who explores weird extremist cultures. His nerdish innocent look, and child like demeanor allow him to ask the obvious questions that others if others asked would otherwise think was patronising of leading. One of his episodes was about the "Thai Brides" and was really interesting. To what I've experienced here, I can concur that what is said in that documentary certainly seems true.

From what I gathered, I believe that a combination of things lead to the popularity of these inter-race relationships. Firstly, the type of guys that want a Thai girl, are the nostalgic conservative type; "woman should be a housewife, doing chores and looking after kids" attitude. That's why the majority is going to be 40 year old +. On the flip side, despite this attitude, it still trumps the Thai guy attitude towards women, which is much worse. Maybe its also the Buddhist influence of reincarnation, which creates a hierarchy saying that men are better then woman. So both attitudes fit in nicely, and the western man and Thai girl happily meet in the middle. Whether things actually work out is another matter...

Culturally, the Buddhist mentality allows for a kinda "anything goes" attitude. People are relaxed and taboo type things like dating a westerner and being a ladyboy are seen in a "whatever" kinda way.






Lets Get This Show on the Road

I'm still kinda indecisive about MTT vs STT right now. Both have its merits and downsides too. For sure I think STTs is gonna be the easiest way to mainly my Supernova status, and also get rakeback bonuses which is nice, but MTTs are just so much more profitable and have less regulars which make them more beatable then STTs.

Either way, I have to put in some serious volume. I might switch between the two sessions to rack up those VPPs. If I want to maintain my Supernova status by September, I need to average 15k VPPs, and so far I've only made 15k VPP total in 2 months. I'm 15k behind. So hopefully, lets get back to work and get some moneyzzz rollin'! I need to work harder and be more motivated then before!
I love this documentary, its pretty inspiring;



Just kinda shows how so many of us grew up in the computer game age, and this was a way of feeding that obsession and getting paid.

Hope everyone runs like GOD!! haha, pz out everyone!





2 comments:

  1. How long have you been there? Met any poker pros?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 weeks now. Not met any, haven't tried really. Just been chilling with friends and partying!

    ReplyDelete