Friday 18 March 2011

Work For What You Want & Get On With It!

*Fantastic Februaryz!****NOT!!

I just checked my HEM results and apparently there's only 2 months in which I have lost money at poker. They are February 2010 and February 2011! So random! My friend is suggesting to veto that month for sanity's sake... maybe I should??

Roll on March! I have been mixing in some 180 mans, and I feel pretty confident with them. The only thing is committing to longer sessions which I don't like as much. And coz their longer it takes longer to build a decent volume and get the results that you want. But for now, I'm just learning them, before I start mass multi tabling the shit outta them prob in a few months time.

I've managed to bink a $2, $3 rebuy and come 2nd in a $7 so far. Not much success with the $12s yet, but my volume is as much as a single atom. (Woohooo lolz bad joke). But yeah, hardly much volume yet tbh, and I've tried a few sessions, where definately not cashing for the 24 tables and then having to do well in the last 2 tables doesn't do good for my nerves lol.


$16s are not going great so far, but at least I'm winning I guess. The doomswitch really seemed to have lasted forever. I don't know when was the last time I had $200 sets... pretty gross. Although I think the recent adjustments has let me get a higher distribution of end game, which means more cashes. Just hasn't gone my way atm, hopefully it will soon...


Sitting Out - Mucking Hell!

Emailed Pokerstars' awesome support and got a reply within the hour;

I was surprised to see that this guy who was sitting out got a showdown?
Normally from my experience players who sit out don't get a showdown and are knocked out when they have no chips. Why is this?

PokerStars Game #59394178826: Tournament #376229265, $15+$1 USD Hold'em No
Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2011/03/18 9:58:20 ET
Table '376229265 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: prucki13 (2930 in chips)
Seat 3: puyan (265 in chips)
Seat 7: rookie_58 (135 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: ByronZap (10170 in chips)
prucki13: posts the ante 25
puyan: posts the ante 25
rookie_58: posts the ante 25
ByronZap: posts the ante 25
puyan: posts small blind 100
rookie_58: posts big blind 110 and is all-in
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to puyan [6h 2h]
ByronZap: folds
prucki13: folds
puyan: calls 10
*** FLOP *** [5d 9s 3s]
*** TURN *** [5d 9s 3s] [3c]
*** RIVER *** [5d 9s 3s 3c] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
puyan: shows [6h 2h] (a pair of Threes)
rookie_58: shows [7s Ad] (a pair of Threes - Ace kicker)
rookie_58 collected 320 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 320 | Rake 0
Board [5d 9s 3s 3c Kh]
Seat 2: prucki13 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: puyan (small blind) showed [6h 2h] and lost with a pair of Threes
Seat 7: rookie_58 (big blind) showed [7s Ad] and won (320) with a pair of
Threes
Seat 8: ByronZap folded before Flop (didn't bet)


Hello Puyan,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

Generally speaking, tournament rules are such that a sitting out player's
hand is killed (mucked, folded, declared dead) the moment it is their turn
to act. However, there is a rare instance in which the server will allow a
sitting out player to go to showdown, and possibly even win the pot, because
(technically) action never fell on the sitting out player. Here is how that
can happen.

The sitting out player must be all-in and on the big blind. Also necessary
is for all players to fold around to the small blind, leaving the contested
pot "heads-up" between the big blind and the small blind, upon whom action
now rests.

At this point, the small blind is offered only two choices by the server. He
can call, or he can fold. He is not offered the opportunity to raise,
because the only remaining player in the pot cannot call that raise even in
part and the server recognizes this.

Thus, the small blind is forced to either fold and concede the pot, or can
choose to call. If he calls, action is then considered "complete", since
the big blind is all-in and cannot take further action. All possible bets
are complete, and action on the hand is technically over. The only thing
left to do is deal the cards. The lack of any aggressive action, which would
put the "action" on the sitting out player, forces a showdown and can allow
the sitting out player to win the pot.

Had any other player raised, action would have proceeded around to and past
the sitting out player, and his hand would have been killed.

We hope this has answered your question completely. Please let us know if we
can be of further assistance.


Regards,

Kaloyan
PokerStars Support Team


I dunno man. Like imo, you either have the guy sitting out as never entering a hand and mucking every time, or you make him have a showdown every time. 1 or the other, for consistancy's sake. Not 1.8 of both ideas? I don't really understand the whole reasoning behind this, it just makes it confusing as hell.

If I had to choose, then muck em' all. Lets keep these games moving... If your not there, then tough love! Sort yourself out!! Also, they should make disconnecting a one time thing, and then make them sit out after their disconnect time runs out. Keeeeep da games muuuving pls!

And yes. I bubbled.



Defending Apple to Idiots

Nothing pisses me off then people who use Windows, who say that its better then Apple Macs. Its retarded. They say that just coz you like Apple your like in a cult or something? But the fact of the matter is, that they do good products, and that's what makes them good. 

What annoys me more is that most of the guys who like Windows have never tried using Apple, where as Apple users have used both and therefore have the right to make a critical decision because they can compare.

Conversation went like this with a friend;

"Apple sucks"
"Ok. Well I've used both Windows and Mac, I think Mac is better."
"Apple sucks. Apple lovaaaa"
"Whatever bro"
"Why do you think its better anyways?"
"You seriously want me to go through a list?"
"You have no list, Apple sucks"
"Fine... off the top of my head...
Better reliability, easier compatibilty, printing doesn't need drivers, when it crashes only that one program is effected and not the whole OS like Windows, no blue screen of death, I like expose , its quicker, easy to use and set up, time machine backups, quick previews, longer battery life for laptops, mag safe, fast load up time, Genuis bar help at Apple Store, continuous updates, lack of viruses that attack Macs, no temporary folder that fills up your hard drive when you surf the web, widgets, App store, front row with remote..."
[after a bit of a pause] "Lets just agree to disagree..."
"What was the point of this conversation if your never willing to be convinced otherwise whatever I say???"

This is just the typical attitude of those who don't wanna even try it. I guess change is hard for some people. They think its a "fashion" or something. But the reality is that they're good products. I have an iPhone 4 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Seriously, I use it for Phone, Ipod, Camera (Thailand/Hong Kong pics all taken with phone), Games, Surfing the web, Stream movies to it from my hard drive... its like a electronic age swiss army knife lol.





Work Ethic

Been watching Pokerstatic a lot and I really like the interview they had with Jose Macedo. 



Its really impressive to see the dedication and work ethic of him from such a young age. I kinda feel like I've been slacking in terms of working hard. Just kinda not pushing myself to play more, and almost settling for mediocre results. I'm a big believer in less "natural talent" and more "work-yo-ass-off-to-get-where-you-wanna-be" mentality. Even talented guys have to work hard still. 

Malcolm Gladwell believes that one needs to put in 10,000 hours of practice of one thing to be at a professional level. There's nothing that teaches you more shit then repeating something a gajillion times lol.

So this month I'm hoping to put in more volume. Gonna be putting in more hours, playing 180 mans, and the STTs for VPP value mainly. Hopefully I'll be fully HUDed when my new computer arrives and I can up my tables too. I'm looking forward to stepping up!

GS@TT! (Good Skill at the Tables!)

5 comments:

  1. haha, hilarious video. I agree with you man, volume was always my main problem, I think. I guess, you just have to work on it the same way as on other aspects of poker and you`ll get better. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh btw just setting up table ninja on a mac ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What table ninja? Only blazing stars and that sucks. That's the only reason why I'm not playing on a mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Puyan..i'm a fan of yours and also a reg at the $16s..I was wondering if you could give me some advice as someone who is just starting to get into the thick of things..volume wise. I see all of the regs at the 16 STTs are pretty friendly with each other and thats awesome. Any advice as to how you improved your game when you first started out would be much appreciated!! I still have a lot to learn but I want to get as good as guys like you at this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wassup Gsouljah,

    The number one thing that I have done for my game is... get a coach! And have regular sessions!!

    Make sure he's a winner, and a good teacher! Great money spent... it pays for itself! Prob best to stick to one guy coz a lot of players have contradictory (but all winning ways) biases.

    I'd recommend Glitlr, Abarone68, or Sippin Criss for these specific games. Good luck buddy!

    ReplyDelete