Monday 15 February 2021

Paying back the EV

 It was bound to happen, I've been paying back the run good that I had in Jan...

Last week I was 74 buy ins below what I was expected to lose

It can be soul crushing to happen but it is an inevitability. According to this post, using a Spin and Go simulator running 10k games and a player with a 36% winrate (my Jan was 39%),  40% of players had a low point of losing 63 buy ins, 20% was down 111 buy ins!

The tough thing is to keep playing, keep hitting the tables every day and when things are going bad its hard to find the movitation. All you can do is keep studying and keep playing. You can take a break, which is what I used to do, but if you don't play you don't get paid!

Another persepective is that variance keeps you grounded, and I've been studying more and looking for ways to improve my game. I think I'm out of it now (touch wood) and gonna try and get back on track.

This morning I saw some tables with "Line clears" on them which was strange but apparently there's a new somewhat random promition combining Tetris with Spin and Go's.


Why is there a random guy there? Couldn't they have designed this better?

New Spin lobby look!

You get this "board" whilst doing the Tetris leaderboard challenge

Anyways, this thing seems brand new and is a bit buggy (leaderboards got taken down for a while). The instructions are confusing as hell you can try and translate it;

https://www.pokerstars.uk/poker/promotions/tetris-spin-go

Will keep an eye on this promotion and probs blog about it next week. Seems strange how Pokerstars didn't really promote this much at all, what's going on with their marketing??

No comments:

Post a Comment