Wednesday 2 January 2013

Why Hello There, Two Thousand and Thirteen!


Sup fellow readers! If there are any out there?? :D

I hope everyone had a great xmas holiday and new years celebration! I went out to Manchester Town Square where they had fireworks and music, chilling with my friends. Was great! :)

Had some time to totally overuse the panoramic option on my iPhone 5 LOL



So as far as poker goes I've decided that I'm gonna stop playing the 180m for a while. They are pretty profitable, but I don't feel like I enjoy them as much. They take a lot of commitment timewise and I'm not a fan of that. So I've decided that I like rakeback money and bonuses which means I'm going back to STTs (Single Table Tournaments).

I think one of the things that kinda messed me up last year was playing STTs and 180ms, when they kinda have contrasting strategies. Meaning that with 180m its very chip eV, meaning that you should be shoving wider in most cases and not be scared to go after that big stack. However with STTs, the bubble situation before you make the money means that you should be a lot tighter and sometimes go for the money first, before the win. I might have been guilty of having the 180m mentality when playing my STTs, meaning that I would have been shoving way too wide in some spots.

Anyways I think its a good idea to keep things simple, and focus on one game for now. Don't wanna be a "Man of all Trades, Master of None", as the phrase goes.

Another reason I like this switch is the idea that I have a VPP goal every month. Which means that I have to play a certain number of games in order to reap the benefits of Pokerstar's VIP Status. This is great because it gives you a target to achieve, and with some planning I wanna get 200k VPPs in 2013, a "Double Supernova" if you will. I got Supernova before but that was 2 years ago so I wanna challenge myself fully. This means I have to get about 16500 VPPs per month, which is around 3000 $1 raked games. So 100 games a day!



On top of that I will be getting regular coaching to keep me in check, and I will plan my days into 2 sessions playing continuous style rather then sets, since traffic is a lot lower these days.

Starcraft wise I think I'm pretty close to getting promoted again to Platinum League! I'm top 10 Gold in EU and top 5 Gold in NA at the moment. You really do have to commit and play a lot to improve at this game, but I love the challenge and love streaming too. I still think that there is a lot of things to improve on, like using camera hotkeys more, hotkeying army and spellcasters (I never really use ghosts), and of course, try to get faster and improve my APM!

As far as the future is concerned I'm actually not sure what is going to happen. Right now I'm living in Manchester in this studio apartment until February, and well if I cant find another place by then, I'll move back home. There is a big part of me that feels sad that I am giving away my money for rent, essentially giving it to some landlord guy when its my own hard earned cash. One day it'll be nice to be that landlord guy! I've also had thoughts about moving to another country... I am pretty fucking sick of the bloody shitty weather over here! So I'm thinking possibilities of Hong Kong or Australia... although USA could have been a viable option if Online Poker wasn't banned there =(. I still wanna do some travelling, but saving up is hard to do atm, and I have to improve my game more! Anyways, right now nothing is set in stone and I'll have a good think about what I'm going to do closer towards February.

Anyways hope everyone has had good holidays and happy pokerings and many GOOD LUCKS for 2013!!! 

1 comment: