Tuesday 5 April 2011

New Ballaaaa' Computer

Its Arrived!

Holy crap my new computer has arrived. Praise [insert your God here]!! It **only** took a month. Geez. I could have grown all the materials and made it myself in that time. Well, not reli lol.

And with this new computer comes more POWER. Hopefully I will have no more lagging issues.



But in giving in to my hope of grinding on Mac OSX (main thing is that there's no Table Ninja and HEM), I have to succumb to the idiotic mess that is known as Windows. Even though its Windows 7, I have spent the last day and a half trying to sort things out. Why cant it be simple plug and play??

Things like;

- Windows Updates
- Installing HEM/Table Ninja/Chrome/Stars/Anti-Virus etc
- Getting ridda Windows Internet Explorer and other Windows junk.
- Spent aaaaages getting my keyboard driver, + other drivers and updates
- Getting my HUD to work.
- Other stuff lol

But now that its done I can concentrate on the poker. Hopefully no more problems, and excuses for myself. I did enjoy multi-tabling 32 x $1.08 DON 50/50's and made $8!! Balleerin'!!! Not really understanding how ICM'ing them will stop collusion tho...



Milestone Hands, Cash Only Sorry

Pokerstars dealt its 60 billionth hand last week. That's pretty insane. 60 billion as in 60,000,000,000... that's a lotta zeros, and I totally confused myself about where the commas went.

One lucky guy shipped home $102k for winning the 60 billionth hand with Q3o. Honestly though, seriously... if your in the hand how the hell can you fold pre flop?? I mean the bonus of winning all that money in winning the hand totally outweighs losing your buy in for that game, seeing as everyone on that table wins money anyways. Even if I was dealt one card I'd totally ship it all in.

Stars had cleverly devised a plan to make people win more, the more hands they played before the milestone hands. But what they're missing out on... is us poor tourny players who have to sit there playing non cash tables and watching them all rake in da moneyz. Aren't our hands... hands too? Aren't our hands milestoney enough? Its a shame... coz I'm sure they'd get a ton more buy ins too if they somehow ran milestone hand to work in tournaments too. And man, wouldn't it be funny to see how that'd fuck up tournaments by suddenly having all the players go all in on the milestone hands lol.



LA Times?

There's nothing I can really say about my first 1/4 of the year's performance. Its been shit. That's what I'm gonna say about it lol. I still haven't got out of my rut at the $16s STTs, and I'm having some success at the MTT SNGs to see some potential. Mainly I've been trying different things (probably too different) to get some results. It has totally been tilting, and confidence killing.

My last quarter of last year I did so well, never expected that I wouldn't be in this situation again. I was expecting to be earning enough to consider other options for saving up, and moving out. But now those goals are put on hold as I am worryingly beginning to go back to square one. Of course, its never really gonna be the same square one, just in terms of money lol. I cant go round saying that travelling to Australia, Korea, Hong Kong and Thailand, have been a waste, as well as buying this new computer. Its all been totally worth it.!

I am precisely 17,200 VPP from earning my $4000 cash bonus, so this month I'm planning to get that. 4 days in, I've hardly played, but now that my computer is here I have no excuse. But it will be challenge. The most I have earned was 17k back in November due to a prop bet with Mr L.Usher. I have totally fallen behind in the volume department, especially compared to the other amazing grinders. I just find myself "Calling it a day" early (pre 2am? Which is early for poker players) too often, and scared of losing my winnings. I wanna be able play all night, but find it hard.

So Puyan, the title is LA Times, what's up with that? Well... there is a possibility I could go to LA in the summer. I'm so tempted. It'll be a poker holiday. Lots of playing, and studying, and quite frankly, out of all the places I've been so far I've enjoyed LA the most! Its so... well different from UK, which is prob why I like it so much haha.

My last 2 months have been rather Goal-less, so lets put some down for this month. Its gonna be stupidly simple;

- Make 17,200 VPPs
- Win some money for Gods sake!

I plan to mostly grind out the $16s as usual, but also gonna throw in a bunch of 45 mans and 180s for good measure. Absolutely loving the $3 rebuy 180s, so profitable those games!

Incentive this month? Haha



It's A Kid's Game

And finally... I'd like to link up this documentary about Online Poker Players from Bluefirepoker that's been released. Its mostly interviews with some top players, but its pretty interesting. I can totally relate to the fact that a lot of us are part of the video game generation, and so Poker is kinda like a bit video game where we can make money, and that's one of the reasons why we like it so much... GS@TT and pzzzz

2 comments:

  1. Congratz on new PC, windows can be tough sometimes, especially if you not used to it, but watcha gonna do, bill gates rules the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick blog bro. I hope you make money this month. I will be more than happy to do another prop bet with you this month!

    ReplyDelete