Saturday 30 April 2011

Love The Process of Learning


A SNG Protege plug!,

I am now involved in Glitlr's site, SNG Protege. So in true shameless advertising style I'm gonna do a plug!

Glitlr has been my coach for the last year, and in that time he's turned me from a breakeven STT reg, to earning $13k in 6 months. I saw his vids on Grinderschool and I loved his teaching style and enthusiasm for the game.

If you have the willingness to learn and put the hours in, please apply at SNG Protege for low stakes MTT SNGs or STT staking. The site has been up for about 6 months now, and since then has produced some great players;


There are other great coaches there too, like Bagclip, Entim, and Bubbleoutcas, who will give you personal coaching sessions to help you with your progress.


Oh Dear, Its Starcraft 2!

Recently I've bought Starcraft 2. I would like to state for the record, that I have never played it before, despite knowing about it, but have never really had the urge to buy it. Mainly coz I also know what I'm like and I will play it obsessively non stop, which actually happened, as 2 days after buying it I went pokerless lol.

This is the main reason I got it. I started watching Day 9's stuff on youtube... and I never even played Starcraft before.



Yes it is 1 hr+ shows. Yes its a lot of talking. And yes its all about Starcraft!

This may sound boring. And it might be boring. But for me, its the presenter himself that really makes it interesting and exciting to watch. He's passionate about it, and so he makes the show good. Who else would add Dr Seuss with Nuclear Bombing? That def would have got me more interested in poetry back in schoool.

It really does make me think about my most influential teachers... they were all a bit like him in a way. Totally loving their subject, totally loving teaching, and showing all the students why they love their subject though their enthusiasm and attitude when teaching.

And even though he's a top level gamer, he emphasizes the *process of learning*... not just winning. In fact, winning is hardly mentioned, and the quest for improvement, and having fun! So thanks to him, I've gotten Starcraft 2, and I'm loving it. But I still suck. But... I'm OK with that, coz I will get better.

In Poker, I've always loved learning new stuff and applying it. Studying and coaching sessions are fun! I loved the process of it. Winning was something that was always gonna happen eventually, and should never be the focus of why I love to play poker. I think this is really really important, and still to this day I'm finding out new stuff that excites me, despite having played 40k games over 3 years!

I hope when I start coaching I can have the same enthusiasm and passion as Day 9! Coz its his attitude that we should have in poker to get more people interested in the game, like he did with me. I am glad that I got it actually, its nice to do something a lil' different at the computer.


MTT Progressionz

So its been two weeks now playing purely MTTs. I am really happy with my progress. I'm now at the stage in my bankroll where I am "allowed" to add in a few $3 rebuy and $7 180 manz to my 50 game sets. I'm really glad I started from $400 actually, to prove that the $2's were still profitable and that you could grind up a roll quickly enough.


My line is a lil funky in the middle coz I did add in some $5 non turbos (soooo slow but damn profitable), and some 50/50 Double or Nothings to fill up the empty table space since the $2's itself never got over 18 tables in my multi tabling madness addiction. Who would have said that before Black Friday? But despite that, the traffic has been ok still, but at its peak its around 220k players instead of reaching 330k, pre Black Friday.

Yesterday was my 7th winning day in a row, I won 3 180m. Every day I've played more then 50 games. Each session of 50 is around 3 hrs long, and the breaks are really nice. Admittedly, I cant say I've been playing 100% thanks to the snooker on TV lol, but I cant complain at all. Lets hope it keeps going well.

I still have a few leaks and things to improve on, its so nice to not see 4 regs sitting at my tables for once!


Moving Potential?

There is a real possibility that I will be moving to Manchester in the next few months. It has been one of the things that I have wanted to make sure that I do in 2011. I'm currently scouting out for a place. I've been there a few times and have a good circle of friends there which is probably the main reason why I've chosen that place. Its also waaaaaaaaaaay (that many 'A's) cheaper then London, which has a habit of taking your money without you realizing it.

I'm not really sure exactly when its gonna happen, and in a way I kinda wanna wait it out probably for another month to see how non USA poker is effected by Black Friday. So far its looking ok. I'm glad to hear that most of the players are getting their money back now. In the long run, if and when poker gets regulated, being a professional online poker player is a more permanent possibility. However, the "short run" of banning could last anything up to 3 years, with people speculating that changing gambling regulations don't want to be touched until after the election. 3 years might seem a long time (it is), but if the long run is... well forever, it is a short run indeed. However, I'm hoping that it wont end up like France and Italy where the regulations with only see them play against each other.

Not exactly this, but one stepping stone closer!



I'm off to watch another Day 9 vid now (I luuurve em!), so GS@TT and pz out!!

4 comments:

  1. how do u post hands in the format below?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php the tab blogs/visual + suits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Puyan, on SC2 add me as a friend so we can play :)
    username SICK, code 232

    ReplyDelete