Friday 6 September 2013

JCarver Poker

Sup Readers! I'm so close to Supernova I can literally lick it lol. There is probably gonna another 3 days worth of playing. Things have been going quite well since getting a coaching with MachtiSonni. He helped me find a huge leak and since then I've won all my sessions! Wow. I now have a better understanding of what I was doing wrong before and I'm actually enjoying playing this style of game, I think it suits me better. Anyways, hopefully things will continue well...

 

Would be funny if I was like... I GIVE UP! lol

JCarver Poker

I've been following Jason Somerville aka JCarver since he joined Poker VT and made some awesome videos, including his WSCOOP series ship. His style is super in depth, but not in a boring monotone voice like some other poker players. So here is my random promotion of him fanboy style!! haha

He has now started adding free content to his youtube channel and started streaming some live games on twitch as well. Its not necessarily instructional poker but it certainly is a great insight into his incredible thinking process, and well if it all flies above your head he's still entertaining to a newbie.

He is also a representative for one of the first [legal] online poker companies in USA [Nevada], Ultimate Poker, of which all of his current games are played on.

One of the things I really love about his channel is that it is FREE. Yes, its completely understandable that these poker players are wanting to have a variance free income from making videos that cost money, but here is a very high level player, who is giving out the content for free. It is trying to promote the game of poker to anyone who can click the links! 

Twitch is also something that I've been thinking about as a new type of content available for poker. Not only watching a player play, but also having the chat allows a great interaction between the audience. Questions can be asked on the fly and it is a more personal experience.

Twitter (Will Announce when he's Streaming!) - https://twitter.com/JasonSomerville




It does seem to me that these days the poker community is rather negative about the future. Ever since Black Friday when USA was so suddenly kicked out, the exposure that it has had on TV has gone down. The boom was over. But it doesn't seem like that there has been much newer promotions in trying to get more people interested in the game. 

I think we need to see more things like this to come up and promote poker to the masses! I would love to see more live content on twitch, and maybe a more accessible poker channel on youtube or something where events can be streamed [and found] more easily!

I plan to do quite some travelling as my way of taking a break after I reach Supernova, so hopefully more blogs to come! Sorry for the huge blank stretch! GLHF at the tables! 

No comments:

Post a Comment