Saturday 21 May 2011

Reaching The Next Level!

The Next Level

I think I might have reached... yes!!... OVER NINE THOUSAND!!?!



I completely crushed yesterday, getting a lot of high finishes and topping the day off with 2 simultaneous back to back wins at $3 rebuy 180 mans, for a cool $1768. My biggest winning day ever, totally smashing my previous $750 record.


I had been experimenting with doing 2 x 50 games sessions vs 1 x 100 game one, and so far the 100 game one has had the best results. I mean, I think both are reasonable anyway, but the big downside of the 2 session day is that I tend to get lazy and actually not do the 2nd one lol. However, it has to be said that it takes me around 5-6 hours to complete 100 games multi tabling on average 18 tables at a time.

No doubt I feel like I'm reaching a good level and I'm a lot more confident in a lot of spots now. True bb shoving is my obsession generally. But when you play these many games, which has so many players per tournament you have to accept losing a lot... sometimes in the sickest, most brutally timed bubble ways. But that's how playing a lot of tables can help, coz you shrug your shoulders and just open up another one.

One thing I've done a lot better is not expecting to win, but rather hoping that the cards fall my way. This way, I take away the knowledge of knowing that I played my best and that there was nothing I could do if I lost. Hopefully this will be the start of some more $1k+ days; I've never had one before and was always wondering how they'd feel... pretty great, but I'm quietly complacent as I know it could all turn around in a second.

I've also surpassed the $15k mark on my overall winnings on sharkscope. Finally the graph is moving upwards! What seems like a never ending almost 10k game even stretch is over. I am never ever ever going back to STTs again...



Bigniux vs Puyan!

From Monday 23rd May to Sunday 5th June, I will be doing a prop bet with Bigniux, an amazing MTT grinder who is one of the first applicants to finish his contract at SNG Protege.

Of course, despite my baller day, he is gonna be a strong favourite imo, coz he's got more experience in these games and I'm still a newbie. Numbers tell the story, and considering my last epic fails in prop bets this is gonna be a tough one to pull off.



We will be only counting 180 mans on Pokerstars.

In true PortlyPig (hope u don't mind that I copied u) style, we will be using a points system and the winner is the guy with the most points at the end of the 2 weeks.

  • 1 pt per game
  • 1 pts per $ profit
  • 10 pts per $ per game 
  • 200 pts if 3 ships in a day
  • (100 pts per shipz after that)
  • 150 pts if $1500+ profit in a day
  • 100 pts going from 9/9 to ship
  • 100 pts for best biggest HU comeback*
  • 25 pts for going into FT 1/9
  • 100 pts "I Read Your Soul Award" for best lowest hand hero call whilst being ahead pre flop (pre showdown)*
  • 50 pts per KO'ing each other
  • -50 pts for being the Bubble Boy coming in 19th

*These will only be awarded once.

Winner gets money of course, but more importantly pride in the fact that the loser has to change his avatar to "I <3 Bigniux/Puyan" for the rest of June!

GL@TT everyone... l8erzz!

2 comments:

  1. GL on your prop bet sir! Glad to see your on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. close to 10k BE jesus I've got the noose ready on 5k at the moment!!!!

    ReplyDelete